Homework can make an important contribution to your child’s progress. You can help your child by :-
- Checking the pupil planner regularly to see what homework has been set
- Providing somewhere quiet and set aside some time for your child to work.
- Talking about the work and praising their efforts
- Explaining the work if your child is having difficulty. Please write “help given” on the work so that the teacher is aware.
There are many different types of homework:-
- Practice exercises e.g. spellings, reading book, number work.
- Research e.g. using the library, computers.
- Preparation for future lessons e.g. collecting items, background reading.
- Creative e.g. making or designing something.
Although pupils should be encouraged to return homework promptly teachers are pleased to receive the completed work at anytime.
There is a whole school assembly twice a week and includes a moment of reflection for all pupils. Parents may request that their child be withdrawn from the assemblies.
RE and Sex Education Lessons
All pupils attend RE Lessons and Sex education lessons taught in line with local and national guidelines. Parents may request that their child be withdrawn from these lessons.
Code of Conduct
All pupils, parents and staff are expected to sign the Valley School code of conduct. This is a set of rules which we all agree to abide by. Please read this in your child’s planner. A downloadable version is available in the Office section of this website.