Intent – What are we aiming to achieve through our curriculum?
- To engage students in all aspects of learning inside and outside the classroom.
- To use specialist tools and build on the skills from Year 7 to 9.
- To develop communication skills and team work between all students.
- To develop their knowledge of the outdoors in a safe environment.
- To enable the students to remember their learning through repetitive and creative learning.
- To develop students creativity through a variety of practical tasks.
- To develop students’ knowledge of the outdoors that can be utilised outside of school.
Implementation – How are we delivering our curriculum?
- To adapt learning to the needs of our students.
- To develop learning across 4 areas of the curriculum:
- All students in years 7 to 9 to have access to Outdoor Learning for 1.5 hours a week.
- To enable students to develop their independence by having some control over their learning.
- To enable students to build and expand on previous learning.
Impact – What difference is the curriculum making to our students?
- To build confidence and resilience of the learners each lesson.
- For all students to meet or exceed their expected progress in Outdoor Learning.
- To improve mental health and support students through a different way of learning.
- To enable students to build upon their knowledge in Maths, English and Science in a more practical way outdoors.
- To enable students to work with different peers to build upon their communication and team work.